The VP, Games is responsible for the strategic direction and tactical processes for AddictingGames, Nick, NickJr and Shockwave Games. This management function includes direct oversight of the content design, selection and production processes, as well as guidance of interaction with shared functions such as creative, editorial and programming, sales/integrated marketing, project management, analytics, product development, and engineering.
- Working with the SVP of Nick Digital on content and game experience strategy and direction
- Deliver successful online games for Nick, NickJr, Addicting Games, and Shockwave that work across platforms
- Define short and long-term content roadmaps
- Managing content production budgets to meet key goals
- Manage editorial and programming of AddictingGames.com, as well as Nick.com and NickJr.com games areas
- Build and manage network of independent developers
- Source and maintain a variety of game development studios
- Coaching and development of team members
- Representing the Nickelodeon online games business inwardly within Nickelodeon/Viacom and outwardly to game development partners and the industry at large
- Continually update and improve company-wide process around game development
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-15 years of relevant experience with 7+ of those years with Online Gaming
- Managed a team of 8+ staff
- Experience working with multi-platforms
- Experience managing projects across multiple teams and disciplines, inclusive of both internal and external teams
- Able to work in high-paced deadline driven environment
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences on a broad range of topics, e.g. technical, business and creative
- Management of complex teams
- Familiar with web games for kids
- Passion for creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Dedicated to bringing innovation to users
Apply by visiting ViacomCareers.com Website using http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MTVNETWORKS&cws=1&rid=4958
About the Company
Nickelodeon is the #1 Online Gaming group for kids and teens in the US!
Nickelodeon Online Gaming reach extends to over 12 million gamers per month in the US according to comScore, generating half a billion minutes of gameplay!
Nickelodeon is the #1 multiplatform entertainment brand for Kids!