There's been a long-standing rule in content marketing that 90% of your budget should be focused on promoting content and the remaining 10% of your budget should be spent producing the content. This rule came about during a time when there were limited distribution channels, and promotion was expensive.It's time to rethink the ratio. In the traditional media world, advertising was often broadly applied and expensive. Now, as media spends are cheaper, content must become richer and better targeted. It's time for a 60/40 split.