Simian Systems Inc. has announced the release of Sitellite 4.2, the latest version of its content management system software. Central to the development of Sitellite 4.2 was the need to make existing Sitellite features, such as versioning, workflow, and access control, easier to implement and to manage, so that Web sites could more easily take advantage of these features.
Highlights of Sitellite 4.2 include:
- Xed 2 Word Processor. Xed 2 is a What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) editor that embeds directly into Sitellite in your Web browser, allowing non-technical content creators to build complex Web pages with zero technical knowledge. Xed 2 includes built-in spell checking, link and image wizards, and a "box chooser" for embedding dynamic content such as your latest headlines or events listings directly into any Web page.
- Performance cache manager for easier management of Sitellite's Web page caching behavior.
- Activity log for administrators to see exactly who did what and when.
- Workflow internals and workflow management interface, allowing for advanced workflow scenarios to be achieved in Sitellite.
- User privileges for greater access control restrictions.
- Web site member services, providing out-of-the-box member portal/extranet capabilities.
- New template manager provides easier Web site design control as well as built-in tools for standards compliance testing, including Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) and Section 508 testing.
- New bundled modules: image galleries, quotes/testimonials, streaming audio and podcasting, a wiki, and a Powerpoint-for-the-Web tool called SitePresenter.
- Improvements to the SiteTracker module which provides advanced visitor traffic analysis capabilities.
- Improvements to the SiteSearch module which provides a built-in search engine with all the bells and whistles.
- Minor feature improvements.
The Sitellite 4.2 Content Management System is available immediately from the Simian Systems Web site in both Professional and Enterprise editions.