OCLC acquires remaining shares of OCLC PICA

Jul 06, 2007


      Bookmark and Share

BEST PRACTICES SERIES

OCLC has acquired the remaining shares of OCLC PICA Group B.V, a European-based library and information systems supplier, to become the sole shareholder of the organization. OCLC acquired 60 percent of the Pica organization in 2000. The purchase of the remaining 40 percent in OCLC PICA completes the acquisition of shares. Rein van Charldorp will remain in his current position as Managing Director of OCLC PICA. Cooperation between OCLC and Pica began in 1977 when the organizations began sharing data. OCLC acquired a majority of Pica shares in 2000, which led to the formation of OCLC PICA in 2002.

(www.oclc.org; www.oclcpica.org)