Video Operations Engineer
The NFL Digital Media Group is looking for a Video Operations Engineer to operate, and maintain the video streaming, delivery infrastructure and related technologies. You will be part of the Digital Video Group, and a team player in keeping the quality of NFL’s video product the best in breed. Must have a solid foundation in encoding and video compression techniques for live and on-demand video streaming environments. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, and have the ability to work in our fast paced environment.
• You will be responsible for successful delivery of all live streaming events, and VOD content.
• Work closely with product groups and video groups to deliver a high quality of service for the video product
• Configure, develop, test and implement appropriate codec settings for live video and on demand streaming
• Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of video encoding/transcoding hardware and implement corrective solutions
• Consult and help implement current and future video products
• Conduct daily inspections of video streaming infrastructure
• Maintain documentation of hardware maintenance, configuration, failures, removal, and installation
• Maintenance and management of all streaming video and audio, including compression, bitrate management, encoding and decoding
• BS degree and/or equivalent experience.
• At least 5 years experience in installing, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting technology surrounding video streaming and delivery (live/on demand).
• Knowledge of television/video production environment (broadcast standards, content creation and management).
• Solid understanding of streaming protocols, and OTT delivery.
• Knowledge of streaming providers and vendors: CDN's, Cloud Providers, OVP's, Encoding Hardware, etc
• Deliver and maintain technical support at the highest level of quality and professionalism.
• Strong knowledge of video infrastructure signal flow.
• Experience working with server software (Apache, Windows Server, Kulabyte, Flash Media Server, ffmpeg, x264, Telestream).
• Adept with Video Compression for multiple devices
• Familiar with a broad range of audio/video systems components and networking
• Experience with scripting languages a plus•
• Experience with digital video and audio editing software a plus.
• Setting up and breaking down of equipment
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
• Solid troubleshooting experience is a MUST. (Linux/Mac/Windows)
• Flexible schedule a must – night and weekend work is required
About the Company
National Football League