The National Football League is hiring a Video Operations Engineer!
The NFL Digital Media Group is looking for a Video Operations Engineer to
operate, and maintain the video streaming, delivery infrastructure and related
technologies. You will be part of the Digital Video Group, and a team player in
keeping the quality of NFL’s video product the best in breed. Must have a solid
foundation in encoding and video compression techniques for live and on-demand
video streaming environments. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented,
and have the ability to work in our fast paced
• You will be responsible for successful delivery of all live streaming events, and VOD content.
• Work closely with product groups and video groups to deliver a high quality of
service for the video product
• Configure, develop, test and implement appropriate codec settings for live video and on demand streaming
• Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of video encoding/transcoding hardware and implement corrective solutions
• Consult and help implement current and future video products
• Conduct daily inspections of video streaming infrastructure
• Maintain documentation of hardware maintenance, configuration, failures, removal, and installation
• Maintenance and management of all streaming video and audio, including compression, bitrate management, encoding and decoding
BS degree and/or equivalent experience.
• At least 5 years experience in installing, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting technology surrounding video streaming and delivery (live/on demand).
• Knowledge of television/video production environment (broadcast standards, content creation and management).
• Solid understanding of streaming protocols, and OTT delivery.
• Knowledge of streaming providers and vendors: CDN's, Cloud Providers, OVP's, Encoding Hardware, etc
• Deliver and maintain technical support at the highest level of quality and professionalism.
• Strong knowledge of video infrastructure signal flow.
• Experience working with server software (Apache, Windows Server, Kulabyte, Flash Media Server, ffmpeg, x264, Telestream).
• Adept with Video Compression for multiple devices
• Familiar with a broad range of audio/video systems components and
• Experience with scripting languages a plus
• Experience with digital video and audio editing software a plus.
• Setting up and breaking down of equipment
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
• Solid troubleshooting experience is a MUST. (Linux/Mac/Windows)
• Flexible schedule a must – night and weekend work is required
About the Company
National Football League is a professional sports league in the United States. It acts as a trade association for franchise owners to promote the sport, license team names and logos, collect dues and royalties, and develop new programs. The company provides comprehensive National Football League (NFL) information, including NFL history, news, team pages, a season schedule, transaction information, individual and team statistics, a special-guest chat room, hall of fame information, special events, broadcast schedules, and the rules of football. The company also offers a video gallery of each week’s highlights and top plays. National Football League was formerly known as American Professional Football Conference and changed its name to American Professional Football Association in September 1920. Further in June 1922, American Professional Football Association was renamed as National Football League. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in New York, New York.