Streaming Media Solutions Engineer
This position is responsible for the successful implementation and support of existing streaming media systems and solutions, including but not limited to, Sonic Foundry Mediasite, Polycom Accordent, Niagara Viewcast, Microsoft Windows Media Encoder, content delivery network (CDN) operations (setup and provisioning for live streaming SD and HD), video teleconference (VTC) units, data center resources, and related internetworking components. Qualified candidates must have a strong background with network and internetwork functions and communications related to streaming media, Internet services, network security, audiovisual equipment, and information technology. The candidate will be expected to work with and support the Director of Digital Media Operations setting up and maintaining new solutions when necessary, and maintaining existing solutions (including management of system lifecycles). Additionally, the candidate will support the Media Services team by serving as a technical point of contact to team members and webcast clients.
Skills and Abilities:
Must be proficient in streaming media solutions, as well as network and internetwork technologies, and must possess a working knowledge of Ethernet, VLAN, SAN, firewalls, network security operations, TCP/IP, VLSM, CIDR, QOS, MPLS, IPSec, VPN, remote access, and emerging technologies. Qualified candidates will possess many if not all of the following skills and abilities:
- Strong engineering and information technology background, with an emphasis on streaming media solutions hardware, software, and technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of internetwork and routing protocols, including IP multicasting, HTTP streaming, RTSP streaming, and progressive download for mobile devices.
- Solid Internet technical skills and knowledge of web standards, design and application architectures.
- Technical expertise with network firewalls, Cisco routers, switches and other networking technologies, internetwork communications and routing products.
- Expertise with multiple Microsoft platforms in Windows Server and Client families.
- Experience at technical implementation level with media encoding specifications for video and audio. Solid proficiency in a wide variety of streaming media and related technologies.
- Skilled in web and multimedia production and design.
- Ability to plan, document, and manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Communications or related field.
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience
- Domestic travel requiring multi-night stays within and at times outside the local work area
- International travel may be required
- Valid U.S. driver’s license is a requirement and must have a positive driver’s abstract.
- Current valid U.S. Passport is desirable.
- Must be willing to complete background checks and drug tests as required by current or future contracts
- Must be willing to apply for security clearances, suitability, and other related clearances to be able to work at certain customer locations
- Ability to lift objects up to 25 lbs.
About the Company
At Yorktel we don’t make video, we make video work. We design, integrate and manage world-class video solutions that enable visual communications – anytime, anywhere, anyway. From video conferencing to streaming video, media services to digital signage, Yorktel makes video work – for you.
Our philosophy is clear: Simplify. Innovate. Connect.
We make it easy to select, deploy and operate the video solution that is right for you – so video in your organization becomes fully utilized, easily managed, and as commonplace, reliable and natural as the phone. We call it ‘video tone’. It has long been the promise of visual communications, Yorktel makes it a reality.
It’s key to our success. Through years of experience with some of the most demanding enterprise applications, we craft innovative solutions that work. We design video as an integral part of your overall unified communications environment that fits into your existing IT framework. Bridging legacy video systems with new technology – and anticipating future technology – we deliver high performing, easy to use, practical solutions, designed for now, and architected for the future.
After all that’s the ultimate goal – to connect people – on demand, anywhere, with any device, at any time, for one common goal – to communicate. We know how important communication is to the success of your organization so we partner with you to develop the right video solution for the specific needs of your organization.
For over 25 years, Yorktel has been the video managed services partner around the world for some of the largest business and government agencies. With over 10,000 video systems under management worldwide – more than any other video communications service provider – Yorktel has the proven expertise and global reach to deliver enterprise-quality visual communications.