- Design market leading solutions based on product and market technical requirements.
- Work hand in hand with Product Line Management to establish product technical vision.
- Evaluate industry and competitive trends as they relate to or affect Concurrent Products.
- Ensure Concurrent Products maintain feature and cost competitiveness.
- Evangelize Concurrent Products and represent Concurrent through the development of competitive white papers and industry presentations; participate in industry standards committees, forums and trade shows where appropriate.
- Support sales and marketing initiatives as the subject matter expert on IP CDN products and solutions.
- Must be effective in the role of “Trusted Advisor” to Concurrent customers while skillfully guiding them toward the value that Concurrent solutions provide.
- Provide design guidance for development, QA and Service & groups.
- Lead design efforts as they relate partner and vendor integrations.
- B.S, Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, and related engineering field or equivalent experience.
- In depth knowledge of several different aspects of HTTP Streaming including; Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming, Apple HTTP Live Streaming, Microsoft Smooth Streaming and MPEG DASH.
- In depth knowledge of video standards and technologies including file formats (MPEG4, M2TS, etc.), audio and video codecs (AAC, AC3, H.26x, etc.) and live/linear publishing protocols (RTMP, SPTS, etc.).
- Strong skills in Content Delivery Network infrastructure, systems, protocols and architectures including but not limited to content ingestion, content life-cycle management, authentication and authorization, delivery from origin to edge, caching, including transparent caching, and overall high-quality, scalable and reliable delivery of content to connected devices.
- Strong understanding of SOA and REST design principles and best practices.
- Solid understanding of network security, clustering technologies and cloud-based technologies including but not limited virtualization software and object-storage technologies.
- Proficient in synthesizing internal and external customer requirements and incorporating them into solid product architectures and designs.
- Proven track record in developing and communicating product/solution design and architecture by producing architectural diagrams, software interface design, communication/data flows and functional specification documents.
- Ability to evaluate new and competitive technologies in order to determine feasibility for integration into Concurrent CDN solutions.
- Proven ability to develop White Papers and other technical documentation and/or presentations that demonstrate thought leadership to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to provide strategic technical guidance through demonstrated knowledge, experience and expertise in IP CDN solutions.
- Ability to work with third parties, including strategic systems integrator partners, to understand and design integrated solutions with Concurrent systems.
- Experience working with public CDN providers such as Limelight, Akamai, etc., is a plus.
- 5-10 years of system engineering and software architecture experience.
- 5+ years IP CDN technology experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a highly accountable self-starter with good organizational and analytical skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
About the Company
Each of our team members has a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and some of the biggest cable, telecommunications, aerospace and defense customers in the world. Whether your specialty is R&D, engineering, sales, marketing, or architecture, Concurrent ‘s two time Emmy-award winning technology continues to be recognized for its innovation and performance.
Our employees are passionate for technology, innovation and hard work and are also our most valued resource. Log onto www.ccur.com to find out and apply for some of our current openings.
In addition to transformative technology, Concurrent offers many standard benefits and some not so typical benefits to our team:
- Competitive Salary *Business casual (jeans) dress environment
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans *Charitable spirit and events
- Company-matched 401(k) plan *Think Tank with Foosball
- Paid holidays *Employee Recognition programs
- Tuition Reimbursement *Health Club discounts
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage