- Performs problem solving to meet specifications or requirements.
- Create internal documentation pertinent to the developer’s area of responsibility. These may include contributions to design documentation, summary of unit testing observations, and product build notes.
- Code, test, debug, implement and document commercial applications and processes.
- Assist in resolving production support problems.
- Assist in the completion of unit testing by preparing test data, running tests and evaluating results.
- Review and make suggestions to test plans to insure test coverage is appropriate for the products under test.
- Participate in routine quality activities such as code reviews.
- Remains abreast on industry technical trends and remain current with industry standards based on developer’s area of expertise.
- Solves technical problems encountered in assigned areas.
- Must work independently on specifically designed tasks.
- Able to work in an Agile team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with Architecture and Advanced Techology teams to understand employed technologies and design.
- Accurate estimation of project effort.
- Maintain consistency with development deliverable timelines.
- Follow and adhere to CCUR development practices.
- BS, MS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, related engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Preferred 5 to 10 years development experience.
- Preferred 2 to 5 years experience in video distribution applications and/or CDN related environments.
- Solid C/C++ Linux experience.
- Solid multi-threading experience with C/C++.
- Solid network development experience with TCP, SNMP and others.
- Understanding of building applications that can scale up or down based on demand.
- Python and/or Bash script experience.
- Web Services experience.
- Solid HTTP understanding and have worked with something like HAProxy, NGINX, Lighttpd or Apache.
Nice to have:
- Understand and/or worked with Java.
- Understand and/or worked with Python.
- Understanding of how Caching works and has worked with Varnish, Squid or Apache Traffic Server.
About the Company
Each of our team members has a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and some of the biggest cable, telecommunications, aerospace and defense customers in the world. Whether your specialty is R&D, engineering, sales, marketing, or architecture, Concurrent ‘s two time Emmy-award winning technology continues to be recognized for its innovation and performance.
Our employees are passionate for technology, innovation and hard work and are also our most valued resource. Log onto www.ccur.com to find out and apply for some of our current openings.