Software Engineer Q2013-41
San Bruno, CA
You will be responsible for release engineering practices and procedure, the development of tools to facilitate the build release process and the development/maintenance of Linux and Windows based installers. Your primary duties will consist of day-to-day oversight of the source control system and its content as well as definition and execution of typical release engineering tasks e.g. labeling code-lines, determining appropriate code-branching schemes, building and maintaining installers, etc. You will also be responsible for the creation, enhancement of and maintenance of build automation. Other code writing tasks may include but are not limited to creating scripts and tools to manage the release process. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining the security of our software by tracking, analyzing and integrating security updates to third-party components as well as maintaining a process to communicate such updates to customers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for efficient code merges and resolving code merge issues
- Package the Source Code for handoff to testing and release
- Develop and maintain tools for release engineering
- Develop installers, build scripts and automation environments
To apply for this posting please use this link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1460461
• 5+ years of experience as a release engineer
• Knowledge of Subversion Source Code Control system
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Experience with the following: Jira, Maven, Hudson or other build results reporting tool is highly desired.
• Experience with Windows Installer XML (WIX) or building windows MSI/MSP’s.
• Experience with Debian software packaging tools (APT).
• Experience with installation and configuration of Debian Linux systems.
• Experience with configuration of Windows Systems.
• Understanding of server hardware.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and documentation skills.
About the Company
Video is the new document. Qumu Corporation (NASDAQ: QUMU) provides the tools businesses need to create, manage, secure, distribute and measure the success of their videos. Qumu's innovative solutions release the power in video to engage and empower employees, partners and clients. Qumu helps thousands of organizations around the world realize the greatest possible value from video and other rich content they create and publish. Whatever the audience size, viewer device or network configuration, Qumu solutions are how business does video.