Red Hen Systems - Fort Collins, Colorado
If you believe that Every Picture has its Place and in the Power of Video to transform the way in which people communicate and critical infrastructure enterprises operate, then this is the perfect media sciences role for you. We are an established metadata streaming specialty group with a 15 year history in creation, organization, and use of geospatially tagged images, audio, and video digital media. Harmonization of complex metadata streams for camera position, field of view, spectral sensor, and key-wordings for downstream spatial recall and pattern analysis is your challenge.
Red Hen Systems is looking for an intelligent and talented streaming media software engineer who understands why coordinated metadata for imagery and full motion video is an essential but natural key technology for video-on-demand and streaming media. If you can related to a job title Media Geography Engineer and are comfortable or curious about terms like NMEA, C/C++, .NET, XML/KML, DASH, H.264, and KLV call straight away!
As the primary owner of the Red Hen video pipeline, you will be empowered to drive the strategy and implementation of the next generation of high performance Spatial Video Communications across a diverse variety of platforms including Desktop, Servers/Services, Embedded, Mobile, and 3rd party partner offerings. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and releasing new software applications (versus internal IT-type programming), and will be able to balance the needs of disciplined software development processes with the flexibility and creativity required for pragmatic and rapid product delivery.
Join our team and help build commercial products that extend the integrated media capabilities of viewers such as Google Earth and ArcGIS. You will work with state-of-the art metadata streams from prosumer to gyro-stabilized multi-channel gimbal cameras for routine patrolling of complex critical infrastructures for power and pipelines, railroads, waterways, and natural disaster events. Our clients diversity keep it interesting and our agility gives them solutions to make their success.
- 3-7 years in Software Engineering
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Masters of Science desired or 3+ years of programming experience.
- Linux, .NET, C/C++ coding.C, C++, C#, COM Interop, FLASH/FLEX, Pascal, Java
- Expert knowledge of common audio & video codec and streaming technologies: MPEG, H.264, MOV, AAC, RTSP, etc.
- Expert knowledge of the multimedia programming and streaming frameworks: DASH, HLS, WebRTC,Media Foundation, Silverlight, Windows DirectShow, QuickTime
- Intimate knowledge of low-level systems, device drivers, as well as state of the art studio and video hardware components.
- Ability to use debug and profiling tools.
- Ability to tune various algorithms of professional experiences for quality, bandwidth, hardware resources, etc.
About the Company
Fort Collins, Colorado
Aprox. 1 hour north of Denver at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains
SEND RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hen Systems skills description and ISR keywords have included ground imagery, ground camera, combat camera, corridor patrol, geo-video, full motion video, and handheld camera. Red Hen product trade names include: MediaMapper, PixPoint, GeoVideo, RouteScout, IsWHere, VMS, sDVR, GEM, and MediaMapper Server. Technology terms would include: JPEG, EXIF, MPG, MTS, NTSC, AVCHD,AVID, DASH, NMEA, XML, KML, and MISB. Brand names would include: SONY, NIKON, Convergent, B&H, Garmin, Trimble, Android, Google, ESRI, FalconView, and other geo-spatial technologies.