Next Gen Video Platform
San Jose, CA
Do you want to participate in the IPTV revolution and help define and create the next generation of Streaming Audio/Video platform to bring TV like experiences on desktop and mobile platforms? Are you passionate about audio, video or media communication technologies and want to make an impact on a client platform that is distributed to and used on more than 90% of the desktops and is the platform of choice for almost all the online video content delivery services like Youtube, Hulu, NBC, ESPN, MTV etc.
Adobe Systems Incorporated is seeking a highly technical Senior Computer Scientist to join Flash Runtime Media team. This is a high profile position that offers an opportunity to help develop the next generation of the most widely used multimedia and real time communications platform on the internet. The Senior Computer Scientist will work with an extremely talented and accomplished team.
- Play an active role in the design and implementation of new audio, video and real time API on desktop, mobile and connected TV devices.
- Design and develop new features that further our goals to deliver state-of-the-art Internet-enabled applications.
- Review designs and test plans.
- Write software within tight constraints on code size, performance, and portability.
- Work with existing code to seamlessly integrate new technologies.
- Take ownership for software quality by working closely with QA.
- Keep abreast of current technologies and recent developments in the multimedia community and participate in the multimedia standards committees.
- Integrate the multimedia and communications client with new technologies and produce exceptional results.
- Communicate effectively with immediate management about features, risks, benefits and progress.
- Write design documents, and estimate schedule for the designated features.
- Be proactive in avoiding slippage.
- Participate in the decision making process.
- Challenge conventional solutions and wisdom.
- Strong background in C/C++ on the Windows, Mac, iOS or Android platforms including real-time considerations, multi-threaded programming, and object-oriented design.
- System level programming in the areas of networking, threading, video and audio.
- Strong background in multimedia playback, capture or communications.
- Experience with GPU hardware acceleration on Windows or Mac desktop or mobile devices using one of the DirectX, DXVA, OpenGL or OpenMAX APIs is a big plus.
- Familiarity with internet streaming protocols and HTTP.
- Demonstrable background in shipping successful software products; Played an instrumental role in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong communication skills; able to clearly articulate complex problems and solutions in terms that others can understand.
- Able to work individually and as a team member in meeting commitments and achieving results.
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7 or more years of experience in software engineering
- Experience with multimedia communications.
- Experience with audio and/or video over IP.
- Experience with the Flash platform.
- Experience with network protocol stacks.
About the Company
Adobe is the global leader in digital marketing and digital media solutions. Our tools and services enable our customers to create groundbreaking digital content, deploy it across media and devices, measure and optimize it over time, and achieve greater business success. We help our customers make, manage, measure and monetize their digital content across every channel and screen.
Adobe helps creative professionals, publishers, developers, and businesses create, publish, promote, and monetize their content anywhere.
Adobe helps major brands and agencies create, manage, and optimize their digital marketing across channels for maximum return on investment.