Manager, Content Security Technology-Disney ABC Technical Developmen
The Manager of Content Security Technology is responsible for analyzing digital security elements of emerging content distribution platforms and ecosystems. The Manager will lead technical reviews of high profile Disney ABC Television Group (DATG) content distribution deals and act as a subject matter expert on content security technology, standards and emerging consumer platforms. This position will also have the opportunity to provide guidance on various technology strategy initiatives within the CTO’s portfolio.
This position will report to the Director of Content Protection & Consumer Platforms on the Technology Strategy & Planning team within the Disney ABC Television Group. The Technology Strategy & Planning group is a key enabler in supporting the DATG Global Technology & Operations organization to function as a cohesive whole in line with the CTO’s direction.
• Conduct content security architecture reviews of platforms related to all traditional and emerging platform television content distribution deals.
• Drive research initiatives and technical evaluations of emerging distribution technologies, consumer devices and content security technology developments.
• Provide technical guidance and strategic insight on television content distribution policy and standards development in collaboration with DATG Business Unit partners and Legal teams across The Walt Disney Company.
• Participate and provide technical input at cross-industry consortia and standard-setting bodies such as DTLA, DCP and The MPAA.
• Guide consistent design and execution of DATG content security policy and strategy with Domestic and International colleagues.
||• 4 years evaluating new technologies in media distribution or consumer devices.
• Demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals in securing media and rights management systems.
• Demonstrated understanding of DRM systems such as Widevine, Verimatrix, WMDRM, PlayReady or Adobe Access.
• Demonstrated understanding of Internet based delivery mechanisms for video such as Adobe FMS, Smooth Streaming or Apple HLS.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of delivery methods and solutions including internet, IPTV, cable, satellite and/or mobile.
• A demonstrated expertise in broadcast engineering concepts, technologies, tools and processes
• Ability to translate highly technical concepts for business audiences, and translate business terms to highly detailed technical requirements for engineers.
||• Team player
• Experience developing and successfully implementing technology related policy.
• Working understanding of security protocols like DTCP-IP, HDCP, RTMPe, UPnP, SSL.
• Experience with media file formats and video file containers.
• Knowledgeable in key industry standards and standards bodies.
||Engineering degree, technical degree, or equivalent experience.
About the Company
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of The Walt Disney Company’s global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC Entertainment Group, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. Hyperion publishing and the Company’s equity interest in A+E Networks round out the Group’s portfolio of media businesses.