Director of Technology & Broadcasting
- Oversee BronxNet technical and broadcast operations, including master control play-out systems and servers, HD studios, edit suites, remote equipment, video streaming, database, IT network, and other BronxNet technology systems and platforms.
- Ensure around-the-clock high-quality broadcast operation.
- Supervise engineering and IT staff.
- Oversee, maintain and manage BronxNet databases and web site.
- Plan and implement broadcast and IT operations across multiple work sites.
- Maintain engineering, broadcast and IT procedures and documentation, including SOPs, up-to-date technical drawings and service contracts.
- Implement systems for routine and emergency maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, and maintain accurate records.
- Ensure broadcast and IT network administration and the troubleshooting of hardware, software and network connections.
- Provide regular reports on state of facilities and equipment.
- Oversee management and planning of special projects as required.
- Degree in engineering, broadcasting, computer science, or related field.
- Minimum 10+ years experience, 5+ years in technical management position, in broadcast engineering and/or video production or equivalent, including HD and IT-based systems in the following areas: Broadcast play-out and automation systems and workflow; HD multi-camera studios production, including sets and green screen stages, audio, lighting, CG and motion graphics systems and live and non live digital workflow; Remotes and field production for single camera and multi-camera shoots, including setting up and operating remote audio, video production equipment; Post-production, including Final Cut Pro, After Effects, and related; Online video distribution
- Expertise with CMS's, IT systems and IT network administration, including Macintosh OS X and/or file-based facilities, back up systems, website and databases.
- Experience with managing IT operations across multiple work sites.
- Expertise in encoding and transferring files.
- Experience with scripting languages and web development environments (PHP/MYSQL/HTML/CSS).
- Experience in successfully implementing IT solutions for a multi-site organization.
Other Job Requirements
- Commitment to BronxNet’s mission.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under stressful conditions.
- Pro-active in solving problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong work ethic with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bi-lingual, Spanish/English a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter as attachments to jobs [at] bronxnet.org. Please include name and Director of Technology in subject line of e-mail. Due to the volume of applications, BronxNet may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. BronxNet will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
About the Company
BronxNet is an independent, not-for-profit organization, established under the Cable Television Franchise Agreement between the City of New York and Cablevision of New York City. The station began cablecasting programs on July 1, 1993. BronxNet provides local television by the people of the Bronx, for the people of the Bronx. Our channels feature BronxNet produced shows, as well as those created by community access producers. BronxNet has a commitment to: training Bronx residents in television production, providing hands-on internships and solid media career preparation for high school and college students, and producing programs in the interest of Bronx residents and not-for-profit organizations.