Director of Sales, Video on Demand
New York, NY
We are currently seeking a Director of Sales, Video On Demand to add to our growing company of talented team members in our New York location.
This position is responsible for selling Rentrak’s Video on Demand and Digital related products (e.g., ODE, DDE, Internet TV Essentials, etc.) to content owners and providers such as movie studios and television networks. This main function of this role is business development and relationship building with content owners and providers. The Director must demonstrate a successful track record of cultivating collaborative relationships with executives in various departments within the VOD, Digital and New Media research and sales environment, and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Director will utilize his/her experience in new media, video on demand, digital, mobile and an understanding of content to be effective in business development. The Director is expected to demonstrate strong knowledge of VOD, Digital, , segmentation targeting, pricing and planning, ad sales, marketing and promotional functions within the movie and television industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop relationships with decision makers at content providers with a core focus on using Rentrak services to for research, business development, advanced targeting and measurement.
- Accurately forecast sales for budget purposes.
- Achieve new sales goals and secure renewals (including up-selling new services) with current clients.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of the relationship between research, ad sales and marketing departments. Independently create solutions for studios and TV networks and present Rentrak information as a key component of those solutions.
- Work with the external and key internal stakeholders at content providers to uncover revenue opportunities.
- Forward Rentrak’s goal of being used as a currency in the studio and TV network marketplace.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree (M. A.) in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years’ related experience and/or training within the Video On Demand industry; AND
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a sales role with content providers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the industry research practices.
- Demonstrated experience with existing buy side platforms and measurement and data providers (e.g., Nielsen, NPD, Simmons, MRI, etc.).
- Outstanding marketing, communication, networking, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to present and demonstrate Rentrak’s OnDemand Everywhere services to clients and negotiate with internal departments.
- Demonstrated success selling products and solutions within the movie and television industry.
About the Company
Rentrak precisely measures movies and TV content, everywhere the consumer is watching.
By linking entertainment viewership information with information about the products Americans consume and prefer, only Rentrak can provide clients with the knowledge necessary to manage their businesses and more precisely target their advertising.