Director, Content Protection & Consumer Platforms-Disney ABC Tech Dev
As head of the Content Protection & Consumer Platforms team in The Disney ABC Television Group, the Director is responsible for establishing, planning and driving the execution of all functions within the team’s primary areas of responsibility including:
• Television Content Licensing Deal Content Protection
• Piracy Management policy and Content Security Technology
• Consumer Platforms research
• Emerging Technology Research and Business Development
The Director will report to the Executive Director, Technology Planning within Media Technology & Strategy group at Disney ABC Television.
• Serve as the primary TV related consumer platforms, piracy and content security technology “subject matter expert” within DATG, Studios and Corporate.
• Provide technical and content security guidance for technical and business strategy development within Media Technology & Strategy team and the Global Technology & Operations group.
• Produce business impact analysis of existing and emerging consumer platforms.
• Lead and foster the professional development of 3 team members within Consumer Platforms, Content Protection Operations and Content Security Technology roles.
• Manage budget planning and Cap ex/Op Ex expenditures per Fiscal Year for the group and participate in Long Range Project Planning efforts.
• Oversee content security focused technical reviews for domestic and Canada television licensing deals in order to provide technical expertise to business and legal team for final agreement drafting and execution.
• Establish and maintain content security policy and standards development in collaboration with GTO Sr. Executive management, Business Unit partners and Legal teams
• Participate and provide technical input at cross-industry consortia and standard-setting bodies such as DTLA, DCP, MPAA and others.
• Liaise with domestic and International colleagues to collaborate on technology policy and emerging distribution platforms research.
• Establish strategic relationships with technology, operations and digital media departments/industry consortiums and vendors.
• Maintain relationships in the Consumer Electronic industry to support DATG business initiatives.
• Lead research and technical evaluation of emerging distribution technologies, devices and trends and educate business units across the company.
• Maintain a consumer platform research and test lab.
||• Ability to translate highly technical concepts for business audiences, and translate business terms to highly detailed technical requirements for engineers.
• Experience with media file formats and video file containers.
• Knowledgeable in key industry standards and standards bodies.
||Masters level preferred.
||Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree.
About the Company
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of The Walt Disney Company’s global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC Entertainment Group, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. Hyperion publishing and the Company’s equity interest in A+E Networks round out the Group’s portfolio of media businesses.