Digital Media Network Engineer
At Yorktel we don’t make video, we make video work. We design, integrate and manage world-class video solutions that enable visual communications – anytime, anywhere, anyway. From video conferencing to streaming video, media services to digital signage, Yorktel makes video work – for you. Our philosophy is clear: Simplify. Innovate. Connect.
We are currently seeking a Digital Media Network Engineer to be responsible for the successful implementation and support of existing networking and Information Systems, as related to live and on-demand hosting of rich streaming media webcasts. Networking and Information System components include physical firewall appliances, network switches, server hardware and software, LAN/WAN administration, virtualization, and back office tasks such as reporting. Qualified candidates must have a strong background with network and internetwork functions and communications, Internet and routing protocols (such as TCP, UDP, and IP multicast), and network security. The candidate will be expected to work with and support the Director of Digital Media Operations setting up and maintaining new solutions when necessary, and maintaining existing solutions (including management of system lifecycles). Additionally, the candidate will support the Media Services team by serving as a technical point of contact to team members and business partners.
The qualified candidate will possess strong skills and proficiency with LAN’s, WAN's, desktop and mobile computing platforms and backend server hardware and software. Expected Microsoft server environment knowledge includes Microsoft AD LDS, LDAP, Active Directory, IIS, Terminal Services, and SQL maintenance. In addition, the candidate will also possess experience in internetwork security and disaster prevention/recovery using security countermeasures, antivirus software, and enterprise backup and recovery solutions. Must be proficient in network and internetwork technologies, and must possess a detailed knowledge of Ethernet, VLAN, SAN, firewalls, network security operations, TCP/IP, VLSM, CIDR, QOS, MPLS, IPSec, VPN, VMware virtualization, remote access, and emerging technologies.
Key Technical Responsibilities:
- Configuration, management, and maintenance of digital media solutions and applications.
- Design, deploy, and manage of Microsoft Internet services, including IIS, FTP, SSH, SSL, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, TCP/IP.
- Assist in administration and management of Cisco firewalls, DMZ, VPN and related security management.
- Perform quality assurance for encoding, duplication, streaming media delivery and Web hosting.
- Provide network SLA monitoring and enforcement.
- Basic website and Web portal design, administration and management.
- Manage, configure, and monitor Microsoft based infrastructure including but not limited to Exchange server, Domain Controller, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Print Server, SQL Server, and Clusters.
- Design, manage, configure, and monitor Cisco based Network infrastructure including but not limited to router, switch, firewall, intranet, MPLS networks, internet connections, and VPN (remote access and site-to-site).
- Manage, configure, and monitor VMWare infrastructure in data center.
- Manage, configure, and monitor file server, Microsoft DFS, iSCSI SANs in data center.
- Design, manage, execute, and monitor IT infrastructure and services backup and disaster recovery plans.
- Manage and maintain production management and inventory systems.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties. Oversee network and servers to proactively identify problems, computer security and anti-virus updates etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years IT administration work experience.
- CCNA - Preferred
- MCITP, MCDBA, MCSE/MCSA - Preferred
- Strong engineering and information technology background.
- Solid Internet technical skills and knowledge of web standards, design and application architectures.
- Technical expertise with network firewalls, Cisco routers, switches and other networking technologies, internetwork communications and routing products.
- Expertise with multiple Microsoft platforms in Windows Server and Client families.
- Ability to plan, document, and manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of streaming media technologies such as RTSP, RTP, RTCP, SIP, QCIF, QUIF, H.264, H.323, H.324M, MPEG and transcoding technologies.
- Experience at technical implementation level with media encoding specifications for video and audio.
- Knowledge of rich media webcast platforms, including Sonic Foundry Mediasite, Polycom/Accordant, and vBrick, is a plus.
Join us and you will enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package, including 401k and Flex 125 plans.
It is our policy to employ qualified persons without regard for race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation or disability. Individuals are considered for employment, promotion, or training solely on their ability to perform the essential functions of the position. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Note to 3rd party agencies and search firms: Thank you for your interest in Yorktel. It is our practice to recruit and fill career opportunities through the Human Resources, Corporate Recruiting organization. We ask that you not submit candidates for consideration to us without receiving a formal written request from our Corporate Recruiting organization to do so. All resumes submitted; (with or without use of your agency access credentials) will be deemed unsolicited and as such will not be eligible for placement fees. Thank you and we appreciate your cooperation.
About the Company
Yorktel is a leading provider of collaborative services and solutions that enhance worforce productivity in the Commercial and Public Sectors.
The company offers managed services, concierge services, streaming services, staffing services, installation services, B2B Exchange and interoperability services, hosted services, help desk services, systems integration to include design/build for applications like telepresence, event management and video production. The company operates redundant Video Network Operation Centers, has a 24x7 Help Desk, has a global field force and is supporting customers across 72 countries. Founded in 1985, Yorktel is headquartered in Eatontown, New Jersey, and has locations across the U.S. and in the UK. For more information, visit www.yorktel.com.