CAD Drafter/Designer, AV Systems
Washington, DC, 20431
Audio Visual CAD Technician
Alternate Job Title: AutoCAD Designer/Drafter, AV Support
Looking for a hybrid Professional; CAD and Audio-Visual!
Worksite location and Zip Code: This position is in Washington, DC (20410) and is Metro Accessible.
For a highly visible business environment in support of a major federal agency, OMNITEC Solutions (www.omnitecinc.com) needs an AV / Broadcast Technician who is a proven team player capable of performing a wide range of tasks under minimal supervision. AutoCAD skills are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop, maintain and modify the AutoCAD drawings that document a sophisticated broadcast and AV facility using established standards;
2. Disassemble equipment racks, trace cabling, and validate connections in developing the CAD documentation. Review existing, and develop new drawings regarding as-built systems to ensure proper system and facility configuration is accurately documented. The successful candidate must be capable of working within equipment racks with causing problems or issues to on-going operations.
3. Conduct weekly Preventive Maintenance and logging the findings or needs in the facility scheduling system;
4. Troubleshoot technical issues in studio control rooms, auditoriums, editing systems, router systems and the core for the facility;
5. Other duties as assigned;
6. This position may occasionally require hours to be worked outside of the 8am-5pm M-F time frame, which could include early mornings or late nights, or occasional weekend coverage to fulfill the needs of the facility/client.
1. 6+ years experience installing and supporting audio visual systems, and their integration with broadcast systems;
2. AutoCAD drawing creation, modify CAD drawings as systems are reconfigured;
Additional Helpful Skills:
1. Good written and oral communication skills;
2. Ability to work independently.
3. Any additional skills with VTC Video Conferencing or Webcasting are helpful.
4. the ability to obtain a security clearance is helpful as potential cross-program employment opportunities on project teams supporting other federal and/or DOD clients are part of our career development opportunities.
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
About the Company
For more information on OMNITEC Solutions, please visit: http://www.omnitecinc.com