Applications Support Engineer III - Digital Asset Management
St. Petersburg, FL
This position supports Digital Asset Management (DAM), which entails efforts to organize HSN’s digital media assets (e.g. Video). This role will support a DAM application, including maintenance, troubleshooting, monitoring, and systems administration. An ideal candidate should have a background with Microsoft OS, Tools and Applications. Applicants should also be knowledgeable with website architecture and hardware.
- Provides administration, configuration, and monitoring of application in a 24/7 highly available and clustered web-based environment.
- Deploys, installs and configures the components of the system infrastructure.
- Plans, executes, and sometimes leads medium size projects.
- Plans and manages work request fulfillment based on priority.
- Leads the analysis, design, and implementation of changes to the application components defined by approved work requests, and ensures the components meet the changed requirements.
- Reviews and integrates all requirements for the application, including functional, security, usability, performance, quality and operations requirements.
- Reviews application architecture work products throughout a work request development cycle to ensure quality and traceability to requirements.
- Serves as the functional and technical expert for all application components.
- Creates and maintains the software configuration management overview.
- Establishes DAM system baselines to understand system change impacts.
- Participates in the change control process for the DAM application and helps ensure no unauthorized changes are made to the baseline; ensures changes to configuration items are recorded in sufficient detail so they can be retrieved.
- Moves configuration items through control levels in the configuration management library system.
- Identifies, validates, and owns the configuration management library system and tools.
- Initiates audits where required, and responds to audit issues.
- Manages the delivery of configuration item reports.
- Provides mentoring to more junior Application Support Engineers.
- Diagnoses and resolves problems of medium to high complexity.
- Communicates plans, status and issues to higher management levels.
- Sets a good example by modeling HSN values and desired behaviors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or five years equivalent job experience.
- Thorough understanding of Web based applications using IIS 7 and 7.5, ASP.net, SQL Server 2008 & 2012, and Load Balancing HW.
- Experience in effectively managing small to medium projects in a cross-functional environment utilizing the above technologies.
- 4-7 years of overall experience in administering, supporting and monitoring web-based applications on a network operating system across multiple physical locations. Typical network services and applications including file and print, SQL Server 2008 & 2012, messaging, firewall, desktop management, mail servers, and Web hosting.
- Administering server operating systems (Win 2003, 2008 & 2008 R2) and Web based applications.
- Familiarity with SQL based query languages.
- Must display strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all management levels, including both verbal and written (documentation) communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated and independent; good at prioritization and result oriented.
- Must be a self-learner; ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs, and integrate multiple tools together to solve business problems.
- Past experience working with enterprise software systems.
- Proficiency in PowerShell Scripting and Web Application Deployments.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification.
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools .
- Basic knowledge of Network Load Balancing, and EMC Storage.
- Experience with video capture and encoding applications.
About the Company
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSNI) is a $3 billion interactive multi-channel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise and operates two business segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers an innovative, differentiated retail experience on TV, online, via mobile, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN delivers a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names, and broadcasts live 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 364 days a year, reaching approximately 96 million homes. HSN.com is a top 10 most trafficked e-commerce site that creates a unique experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition, HSN is an industry leader in transactional innovation, offering services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S.; mobile applications, including HSN apps for iPad®, iPhone®, Android™; and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone is comprised of leading home and apparel lifestyle brands, including Ballard Designs, Frontgate, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates eight separate e-commerce sites, distributes more than 300 million catalogs annually, and has 11 retail and outlet stores.