Springer Science+Business Media Changes Hands

Dec 15, 2009


      Bookmark and Share

Springer Science+Business Media is under new ownership. A European private equity fund, EQT V, has agreed to purchase 82% of the scientific, technical, and medical publisher from Candover and Cinven, with GIC Special Investments (GICSI) buying the remaining 18%. GICSI is the private equity arm of the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation.

The transaction remains subject to customary conditions, including regulatory approvals, and is expected to close in late January or early February 2010, and will result in the full repayment of all existing debt facilities.

(www.eqt.se; www.springer-sbm.com; www.gic.com.sg)