SnapApp, provider of a SaaS platform used by B2B marketers to create, publish, manage, and measure interactive content, unveiled the results of “The Campaign Confidence Gap” report, which identifies gaps and challenges with traditional B2B marketing campaigns. Conducted by Demand Gen Report and sponsored by SnapApp, the new survey reveals that as pressure mounts for B2B marketers to deliver high-quality and highly targeted leads, an astounding 82% reported being only “somewhat confident” or “not very confident” in the effectiveness of their campaigns. The report also highlights how savvy B2B marketers are finding better results and conversions by delivering dynamic and interactive experiences through content-enabled campaigns.
A number of challenges contributed to the low level of confidence B2B marketers reported in developing effective campaigns, including an over-reliance on static, lead-gated PDFs to generate leads. According to the survey:
- Nearly half (41%) of B2B marketers listed identifying new lead sources as their top demand gen campaign challenge.
- B2B buyers now not only expect content that is relevant and compelling to their specific needs, but they are also increasingly less tolerant of campaigns that fail to speak to their unique areas of interest.
- As a result, one-third (33%) of respondents said they are struggling to develop compelling calls-to-action that capture prospects’ attention.
As traditional brand-focused campaigns and messaging are becoming increasingly less effective, B2B marketers are seeing how content-enabled campaigns that address customer interest points and facilitate engagement can lead to an increase in conversion rates. The survey revealed that:
- Among B2B marketers who are using content-enabled campaigns, more than half (54%) saw open rate improvements of at least 20%, while 66% also saw at least a 5% increase in click-through rates.
- The top of the funnel saw the biggest benefits, as 66% of B2B marketers noted that their content-enabled campaigns produce a greater response to these lead generation offers.
- The use of interactive content is expected to increase dramatically in the next 12 to 24 months, with 87% of B2B marketers predicting at least 10% of their content will be interactive.
- The top five content formats B2B marketers are using or plan to use for content-enabled campaigns include; video (95%), surveys (92%), interactive infographics (85%), ROI calculators (84%) and assessments (82%).
While interactive content is not expected to replace traditional marketing campaigns in 2017, the survey revealed that B2B marketers will increasingly utilize these formats because of its ability to produce strong response rates and enable prospects to self-qualify. Additionally, interactive content will also enable marketers to collect data and insights that sales teams can use to accelerate the best prospects through the sales process.