Research Finds Content Management Apps Return $6.12 on the Dollar

Jan 18, 2012

Nucleus Research found that electronic content management (ECM) applications have an average ROI of $6.12 for every dollar spent. Nucleus' case study audits indicate that increased competition and more cost-effective cloud options are driving down software prices and deployment costs. Nucleus also determined that second and third-generation content management investments deliver increasing ROI through more streamlined processes and greater productivity.

According to the research, 62% of all returns came from direct benefits such as reduced paper or avoidance of staff or service bureau costs; the remaining 38% of returns came from indirect benefits, such as productivity. Nucleus maintains that document digitization and the increasing adoption of ECM solutions will prompt more companies to invest in content management applications.