SDL announced a new version of SDL Web, a digital experience solution that enables businesses to quickly and easily build and deploy multi-brand, multilingual websites. The offering is built from the roots of SDL's WCM platform, Tridion, and now includes SDL's experience optimization, digital media management and localization capabilities in an integrated platform to help brands go global faster.
The latest release of SDL Web features several enhancements for both marketing and IT, including the following:
- Instant Site -Launch a new website, product section, or campaign in a guided manner without IT involvement.
- AdaptiveBluePrinting-Promote regional content or campaigns to be used globally or share content across lines of businesses for more brand consistency.
- Unified Authoring and Translation Process- Accelerate global launches through a content workflow with integrated translation reviews to dramatically reduce turnaround time for multilingual content.
- State-of-the-Art Microservices- A modular approach to system deployment provides easy connectivity to critical frontend and backend systems.
- Topology Manager- IT professionals can now centralize the configuration of web delivery environments - both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Enhanced Digital Media- Leverage a new responsive video player or use your own by streaming content through a new JSON API - all with support for YouTube API v3 as well as high compression WebP and JPEG XR formats.