NTT DOCOMO to Acquire PacketVideo

Aug 03, 2010

Japanese mobile service NTT DOCOMO, Inc. announced the acquisition of PacketVideo Corporation, formerly a subsidiary of NextWave Wireless Inc. DOCOMO, which had acquired a 35% stake in the phone-based multimedia company in July 2009, purchased the remaining 65% equity interest in PacketVideo for $111.6 million. At the completion of the deal-expected by the close of the quarter on Sept. 30-PacketVideo will be a wholly owned subsidiary of DOCOMO.