Open source support company Lucid Imagination has introduced LucidGaze for Lucene, a monitoring program aimed at operators of open source Apache Lucene and Solr search technologies, which has traditionally been Lucid's target market. LucidGaze will operate with the Java Lucene search library and reverse-engineer characteristics of the Lucene application and provide a framework for developers to retrieve detailed data and statistics to improve application management. LucidGaze works through several statistics aggregators, or monitors, that aggregate information about different key aspects of Lucene search operations. This version supports five such monitors:
• Analysis Monitor for information about the different analyzers and filters used to create the index
• Document Monitor for information on documents and fields added to or retrieved from a Lucene index.
• Index Monitor for statistics on buffers, memory usage, Lucene index readers/writers and add/commit times.
• Search Monitor for information about search cycle times.
• Store Monitor provides number of directory instances.