Advantage Media Group (Advantage) and Forbes announced the launch of ForbesBooks, the first book-publishing imprint for the global media company.
“We see adding a book imprint to our business as a unique growth opportunity in the marketplace, and it’s in line with our strategy to diversify revenue streams and expand our global reach,” said Mike Federle, President and COO of Forbes Media. “We chose to partner with Advantage because its team brings experience and insight, along with an innovative, speed-to-market model unencumbered by traditional book publishing cycles. Advantage also offers a suite of services designed to strategically and tactically support our authors and promote their expertise.”
The advantages ForbesBooks says it will provide its authors include:
- Speed-to-market – the benefit of a proven process and tools that cut the typical book publishing timeline in half;
- Supportive marketing services – a focused effort to promote the book and its author;
- Author retained copyright – unlike typical book deals, ForbesBooks’ authors retain ownership of the rights to their work;
- Multi-platform reach – via the opportunity to submit original articles for publication in a ForbesBooks Authors group blog on Forbes.com;
- Enhanced reputation –resulting from the author’s content presented in a professionally produced book under the imprint of a respected media brand.
The ForbesBooks editorial team will consider a variety of factors in the submission process before extending an invitation to publish, including the authors’ experiences and credentials, the uniqueness of their message and the resonance of the content to the Forbes brand and the expectations of Forbes’ audience.