If you were thinking about getting a tablet this year and weren't sure which one, things just got a little bit more confusing. Amazon is releasing it's Kindle Fire on November 16, but rumor has it that Barnes & Noble will be releasing a tablet of its own at the same time for $249. Documents leaked to several organizations gave full specs for the new tablet. According to Android Central:
- Dual core TI OMAP processor at 1.2GHz.
- It's a tad thinner, at 0.48 inches (down from 0.5 inches).
- Weight is down a bit, too, at 14.1 ounces (from 15.8 ounces), or 400 grams versus 448 grams.
- It's now got 16GB of internal storage, plus it can take up to a 32GB microSD card.
- Battery life is listed as "to be determined," but it looks like BN's expecting 8 hours with Wifi off, or 4 hours of video playback
- Speaking of Wifi, it'll support 802.11 b/g/n, just like the Nook Color.
The Nook tablet is said to be much like the Nook Color, which was very tablet like once the Android hacking community got its hands on it.