Adobe announced the latest versions of its eLearning authoring tool, Adobe Captivate, and learning management system (LMS), Adobe Captivate Prime. Used in conjunction, as an end-to-end solution, or as standalone offerings, Adobe’s powerful eLearning solutions continue to break new ground for specialists in learning and development, training, and corporate HR departments who want to deliver exceptional learning experiences that are personalized and delivered on any device.
The 2017 release of Adobe Captivate Prime allows learning and development teams to deliver personalized learning experiences across multiple devices and manage both online and offline training more efficiently. The top new features:
- Enable employees to customize their homepage using drag and drop widgets. This provides personalized learning based on similar courses they’ve taken either face-to-face or online, and recommendations based on job role and skills that their peers have mastered. The personalization also offers content consumers with the option to select their preferred language and method of delivery, such as online learning or face-to-face.
- Allow learning and development administrators to set up a single license for a group of users (multi-tenants) to easily share seats, catalogs and reports. Administrators can provide departments, divisions, or clients with their own LMS, which they can customize, brand, administer and manage.
- Empower instructors to schedule and manage live sessions themselves. They can schedule and reschedule sessions, manage waitlists, mark attendance, accept assignment submissions, and score sessions.
- Offer employees the ability to access content on any mobile device, including smartphones, regardless of whether they are online or offline, without compromising the experience.
The 2017 release of Adobe Captivate empowers content creators to leap ahead with a smart eLearning design platform that enables them to create fully responsive eLearning content faster, without programming. Also, the latest Adobe Captivate allows eLearning designers to quickly jump into the world of mobile learning, automatically transforming legacy desktop courses into mobile-optimized learning in just a few clicks. Captivate customers can take advantage of more than 75,000 free eLearning assets and create engaging courses across devices. The top new features:
- Allow content creators to build mobile-centric, responsive content with new Fluid Boxes. By using Fluid Boxes to group objects like text and images inside a Captivate slide, those objects intelligently adapt to any screen from mobile phones to desktop computers. Fluid Boxes make it easier to read and engage with learning content across devices.
- Help transform legacy Adobe Captivate desktop courses into fully mobile-oriented eLearning modules. Content creators can import existing Adobe Captivate projects and save them as projects that can adapt to different screens and device sizes.
- Enable content creators to leverage high-quality fonts from the Adobe Typekit library through a new Typekit integration, and use them across courses to deliver a consistent, polished, and easy-to-follow experience on any device for consumers of learning content.